Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Am I ready to start my own business?

The thought of owning your own business and being the master of your own domain is exciting, challenging and somewhat scary. Many times people enter businesses without asking themselves key questions that could dissuade them from making the decision to go out on their own.


Ten Questions to Ask Yourself Before Going into Business

1. Is my product or service different from others already in my market area?
2. Do I have the right kind of business experience to support this business?
3. Can I prepare a detailed, credible business Plan for the first three years?
4. Am I able to take responsibility?
5. Am I a good organizer? For myself and others?
6. Am I ready to put in the long hours that probably are necessary for the first few years?
7. Am I ready to stick to it even in rough times?
8. Do I have the full support of my family?
9. Do I have adequate resources and credit? And maybe a bit more?
10. Is my health up to the hard tasks ahead?


Richard Strug

No comments:

Post a Comment